Newdigate CofE Infant School Safeguarding statement
Newdigate C of E Infant School recognises the important responsibility for Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children. The school's policy applies to the whole of the school's workforce, along with volunteers, governors, school club providers and any contractors working on the school site. In particular, Staff recruitment and selection - ensuring that all staff, volunteers etc. have been appropriately checked for their suitability, using the Safer Recruitment procedures. In addition:
- Raising awareness of safeguarding issues and equipping children with the skills to keep them safe
- Developing and implementing procedures and training for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse
- Supporting pupils who have been abused, in accordance with an agreed, child-centred plan
- Establishing a safe and nurturing environment, free from discrimination or bullying, where children can learn and develop happily.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first, unless we have a reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
Our Designated Safeguarding Team is:
- Lead - Mrs Paula Bliss, Headteacher
- Deputy - Mrs Rachel Moon
- On-line Safety - Mrs Gayle Priestley
NSPCC - https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
At Newdigate C of E Infant School we aim to provide a safe, caring and friendly environment for all our pupils to allow them to learn effectively, improve their life chances and help them maximise their potential within a Christian ethos. We would expect pupils to feel safe in school, including an understanding of the issues relating to safety, such as bullying. We also want them to feel confident to seek support from school should they feel unsafe. Our school values help children and adults understand how we should aim to live our lives and make better choices within and beyond our community.
The full policy can be found here - Anti-Bullying policy 2018
- Anti-Bullying co-ordinator - Mrs Paula Bliss, Headteacher
We use online safety planning for our lessons and participate in the annual "Safer Internet Day". In the autumn term we hold an E-safety meeting for parents to attend.
- Newdigate's On-Line Safety Policy
- Online Safety PPT
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Newdigate On-Line Safety Parental and child consent form
- Online Safety Video - https://youtu.be/CF8otcjN9-o
For some useful information and also step by step instructions on how to protect your children by activating simple parental controls on all the devices in your home please visit:
And there are some short animations to illustrate 5 e-safety SMART rules with cartoon characters making safe online decisions and also some animations to demonstrate to children how to use computers safely.
Newdigate C of E Infant School's On-Line Safety Rules